Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Summer Catch Up!

I have been a horrible blogger. I have considered just giving up on it, but I feel so guilty... I haven't been scrapbooking either! I can barley keep track of our photos lately. Matt saw on the Bakers blog the awesome book that Megan had made from her blog- it's an awesome family journal of the whole year! He was way impressed. But I'm going to start with baby steps, my first project is to organize all our digital photos. I had to do a birthday poster for Kate's Kindergarten and it took me forever to track down all the photos I wanted and then another hour to find the camera cord to get new photos off my camera! So that's my goal for now, then well move up a step.
Now that all our summer photos have been loaded onto our computer I'll try to get a quick post of some of our summer fun :)

Well summer is over... Kate's first day of Kindergarten!! She insisted on riding the bus with her friends even though I wanted to driver her :( But I did follow her down to the school to make sure she knew where to go to line up for her class, really she didn't care that I was there, she was just thrilled to be with her friends. There are 5 kids from our ward in her class! The comforting thing for me is that the only kids on the bus are our neighborhood, so I know most of them and so does she. And she's only on the bus for 10 fo 15 mins.


This is Kate up on 'pyramid peak'. Matt took her hiking one night, and they ended up going 3.5 miles!! She's a tough girl! That's the Bountiful Temple in the background.


My brother works at 'Heritage Park' or This is the Place, so we went there a few times this summer. The kids love it, pony rides, baby goats, train rides, and sheep.


Kate's wonderful birthday! Now she's 6 and she loves being 6. We are amazed how fast time flies by, it seems like just a short time ago that she was the baby I was having!

2 comments:

Kimball Family said...

Yay! I'm so happy that you updated your blog. I love to keep up with what you and your family are doing. Both of your kids are getting so big; I can't believe it.

As for your blog and photos, I'm fairly pathetic in both of the areas. Best of luck in improving. I just want you to post photos of that new baby!

Chelsea said...

Yeah! I love updates! Sounds like you had a fun and busy summer! Cannot believe that Kate is going to school now - she is so grown up and beautiful! I am sure she is LOVING it! Hope you guys are doing well!