Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ethan John Masner


Ethan weighted 7lbs 9 oz. barley bigger than our other two kids and was 21 inches long. It's amazing how easily he was delivered! Matt is my hero and I'm so thankful that he can stay calm in such stressful situation. He could barely concentrate on what the dispatcher was telling him, but he just knew what to do (it helped a little that he had EMT training over 12 yrs ago). I'm impressed that I only ended up with one stitch when it was all said and done, better than my other Dr. deliveries ;)!

Ethan has an IV to get antibiotics, and since his veins are so hard to find they had to use one in his head. I guess they do it all the time (my dad reassures me), but it looks so invasive!! He doesn't complain much, just sleeps through almost everything they do to him :) My boys have inherited a lot from their dad, one being thick blood and veins that roll. Hopefully they are done poking at Ethan though.

8 comments:

Jess said...

What a handsome little man!! Congratulations guys!! We're so proud of you both! Way to go!

Kimball Family said...

Oh, I want one...What a cutie!

Megan said...

Congrats!!!! What an exciting way to come into this world. You are amazing! I hope all is well. Take lots of pictures - he is just adorable!

bevany said...

Hey Kelly! So fun to find out you have a blog. I'm a total blogger. Congrats on your little boy. He's a cutie!

Holly said...

Bravo Kelly! I just got off the phone with my mom and she told me about your crazy birthing story. Congratulations on the new baby, he looks wonderful

Ruthie said...

that is just so amazing how it all worked out. What a handsome little man. Congrats again and again. And Way to go mamma and dad!

Natalie said...

Yes the pain does dry.
How are you guys doing?
We miss you.

Jesse Bingham said...

Congratulations, Kelly! It's funny, because Gemma was that exact weight when she was born. :)