Tuesday, June 9, 2009

May flew by...

With packing, finalizing the job hunt, moving, Matt starting his job and trying to settle in May was supper busy and just flew by. We don't have many pictures of our move- they would just look like a giant mess. I'm glad it's over, but we still have a ways to go before we are settled.


This picture is the perfect depiction of how our move went! HAHAAHAAHA! It ended up being a bit hectic and crazy, and the kids had a hard adjustment. Right as we pack up Isaac's crib he learned how to climb out of the pack n play... so he has had a really hard time falling to sleep, staying asleep and sleeping in his own bed. One night when we went in to check on the kids really late and this is how we found them, Isaac curled up next to Kate. I think half of the reason was that he didn't know where to come and find us and the other half is that he loves Kate and she loves to have anyone to sleep with. We're still working on getting Isaac to sleep better, but it is improving, slowly :)



Every May the hills here grow these wild sunflowers and we love to hike through them! The kids are always amazed to see the fields FULL of flowers.



At the top of the sunflowers hills is this ridge that looks over to the lake. It's a great view and only a short walk from my parents house.

So we are living at my parents house right now while we look for a place and decide where to settle. Matt is LOVING his new job. It is the perfect fit for him right now. It's a new company with lots of growth opportunities. The company is in the BioMedical Tech field doing innovative research that is really exciting for Matt.

3 comments:

Sharlynn R. Heinitz said...

We miss you guys already but are so glad that things are going so well up in SLC. I'm sorry I didn't stop and chat with you longer when you were leaving...I had no idea that you were officially leaving that night. Thanks again for being such great neighbors. We look forward to seeing you again sometime! Good luck with the house search!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

LOL! I love Kate's face in that last picture.
I'm glad Matt loves his job. Its amazing what a difference that makes!
I hope you are feeling okay these days!!

Joanna said...

oh my gosh, that last picture kel, kate is me when I was her age!!!! wow. that is hilarious.