Here are some funny things Kate has been saying lately.
So Matt was trying to use his scare tactic to try to get Kate to bed, it went something like this:
"Kate stop and go to be right now or I'll take away your birthday!"
Kate's reply:
"That's okay Daddy, I don't want to turn 6. I like being 5!"
*****
Last Saturday after seeing like a million toy and barbie commercials Kate was listing off things she wants for Christmas (and it was a long list).
Then she turned to me and asked, "Mom is Santa looking down on me and hearing everything I'm saying so he knows what I want... or is that just Jesus?"
I was trying really hard not to laugh at the thought! I told her no and that it was just Heavenly Father and Jesus who could look down on her. Then she asked WHY? I tried to explain that Santa lives at the North Pole and that is on the earth and that Heavenly Father and Jesus live in Heaven and they are able to look down on her and understand what she is doing and saying.
5 year old logic!
*****
Kate and Isaac share and room and they do great together, but they can't fall asleep at the same time together. Mostly because Kate likes to talk, sing and have the door open until she falls asleep; and Isaac likes it totally dark and the fan going to block all noise. So Kate usually falls asleep laying on our bed while Isaac falls asleep in his bed, then once they are both asleep we put Kate in her bed for the night. (sorry long explanation)
Well one night we thought that Isaac was asleep and although Kate wasn't yet we tried to get her to fall asleep in her own bed- but told her to be absolutely quiet. A few minutes later Kate starts calling for us and I hurry in there to keep her from waking Isaac. I ask her what's the problem and she says, "I can't go to sleep Isaac is staring at me!" I tell her no he's not he's asleep! She continues to say no he's staring at her. Finally I turn around and sure enough Isaac is standing up in his crib silently, staring over at Kate in her bed. I just started laughing!
******
4 comments:
Cory and I had some good laughs over Kate's comments.
haha! I'm glad you posted that story :)
LOL! So cute!
I have got to tell you, Josh and I love knowing your funny kids are just on the other side of the wall. The stories crack me up!
Post a Comment