Friday, October 17, 2008

The Kids keep growing and growing!

So I don't like making posts without any pictures, but I figured something new is better than nothing! We are up and running with the laptop now working okay for me, but the desktop is shot!

We are having a wonderful fall. We just love this time of year and beautiful weather (as long as it stays a little warm:) And of course BYU football is always great (well don't ask Matt about that now after last nights game with TCU!) and the fun holidays.

Kate is getting so big and learning so much. She LOVES to be busy. I am homeschooling her this year as she was on the boarder line for kindergarten we decided to start working really hard on reading. She is doing great and loves to write and practice her letters. She is reading quite a bit and knows her phonics really well. She is also taking piano lessons and is learning how to read music. She has a great ear for music. Her other love right now is riding bikes!! She got a great two wheeler with training wheels for her birthday from my parents. Mostly she just loves to be 5! She says she does not want to grow any bigger or ever have to grow up and leave our family like I left my family to not live with them. She is a wonderful big sister to Isaac who just adores her! the most fun thing about Kate is the fun stories she tells and the amazing memory she has!

Isaac is a busy boy! He started walking about a month after his birthday and is now all over the place! We love to watch him explore and learn how things work. He likes to climb climb climb! The amazing this is, is that he can pull himself up somewhere by doing a pull up. He's done this on the bathroom sink and his highchair tray. We have found him standing on top of the kitchen table too many times. He wants to be big and do what Kate is doing, this includes: riding bikes, coloring, playing with dolls, building with blocks, eating whatever she's eating, talking on the phone or playing on the computer! The most fun thing about Isaac is his happy personality, he is always smiling and easy to make laugh!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Your kids are so cute! I hope Heidi will be as smart and well behaved as Kate when she's 5.

Katie said...

I just love hearing about your kids. We see them almost every day, but I have to tell you, hearing your stories about them makes it all seem more fun!