WOW is all I've got to say! It's so nice to have a our computer back (well our laptop) and working amazingly. The last 4 weeks have been very interesting for us. . .
Matt finished our his summer semester of classes half way through August and we all quickly left town. Matt headed up to the mountains for his annual horse packing trip with my uncle and cousins. He grew out his mountain man beard and reveled in the fresh air. The kids and I went on a road trip with my mom and sister to Colorado where they left me to stay with my good friends and old college roommates! I really enjoyed getting out of town and seeing Alicia and her cute family and then spending time with Tagan and her fun boys! Kate thought Addie had the greatest toys ever and was talking out the trip to the North Pole all week!
Well we got home on Sunday night and then quickly left town Monday for California! We loving fitting in time to visit with the Masner family when have a long enough break. It was really nice to enjoy the last bits of the summer swimming and relaxing. And of course celebrating Kate's BIRTHDAY! She had the time of her life!
So we finally get home and while I'm unpacking and cleaning the car I forgot about leaving Matt's bag in the drive way and back over it... upon inspection I find that the bag contained both his laptop and our camera. AAHAAHHH. Yeah they were both toast, or so we thought (it turns out only the screen broke on the laptop, so now that its replaced it's working!) I'm so grateful for Matt's patience with me!! He was actually comforting me since I started crying at my frustration and absentmindedness.
Since our laptop was broken we immediately went for the desktop when we arrived home, only to find it was dead. And it turns out it's in worse condition than the laptop. The guy fixing it asked if we spilled something sticky it, because the whole inside was STICKY!?!?!?! But I guess it is also being brought back to life! So the only thing we are still out is a camera :(
Matt finished our his summer semester of classes half way through August and we all quickly left town. Matt headed up to the mountains for his annual horse packing trip with my uncle and cousins. He grew out his mountain man beard and reveled in the fresh air. The kids and I went on a road trip with my mom and sister to Colorado where they left me to stay with my good friends and old college roommates! I really enjoyed getting out of town and seeing Alicia and her cute family and then spending time with Tagan and her fun boys! Kate thought Addie had the greatest toys ever and was talking out the trip to the North Pole all week!
Well we got home on Sunday night and then quickly left town Monday for California! We loving fitting in time to visit with the Masner family when have a long enough break. It was really nice to enjoy the last bits of the summer swimming and relaxing. And of course celebrating Kate's BIRTHDAY! She had the time of her life!
So we finally get home and while I'm unpacking and cleaning the car I forgot about leaving Matt's bag in the drive way and back over it... upon inspection I find that the bag contained both his laptop and our camera. AAHAAHHH. Yeah they were both toast, or so we thought (it turns out only the screen broke on the laptop, so now that its replaced it's working!) I'm so grateful for Matt's patience with me!! He was actually comforting me since I started crying at my frustration and absentmindedness.
Since our laptop was broken we immediately went for the desktop when we arrived home, only to find it was dead. And it turns out it's in worse condition than the laptop. The guy fixing it asked if we spilled something sticky it, because the whole inside was STICKY!?!?!?! But I guess it is also being brought back to life! So the only thing we are still out is a camera :(
Our last predicament we've been trying to survive is a family wide epidemic! We have all been so sick for almost 2 weeks now. Poor Isaac has had the worst of it, only to find out today that he has an ear infection. We all have cabin fever from being stuck home, especially Matt since he missed almost all his classes this week!!
6 comments:
It is SO good to have you back! I've missed your posts. I will have to finally post our trip up to the North Pole, so that you can see some of the great pictures that I was able to get. It was SO fun to have you visit with your kids. Thanks for coming out here. I'm just sorry that you've had such a rough couple of weeks. Hopefully you can now enjoy the beautiful fall weather.
I'm glad to read your latest post. I was starting to wonder where the heck you went. It sounds like life has been fun for the Masners. How did you guys celebrate Isaac's birthday? They grow so fast uh?
your picture on the top is so so adorable! hey i was looking on the right side at the links you have--are you thinking about homeschooling? i'm still researching and looking into it, but i really think i want to! there are quite a few ladies in my ward who have homeschooled and one gave me a ton of links to lessons and ideas she used. i could email them to you if you want?
Is Kate really 5?!! Wow, where does the time go? Ellie still talkes about how much she misses Kate and Savannah. Life is great, but it would be even greater if you were our neighbors. Miss you. Hope we can see you when we come to visit in November. Take care.
haahah......oh Kelly! Why does this not surprise me?! But it's also one of the reasons I love you! Let's get together soon!
whoa! I can only sigh and sadly relate. I left our laptop (and only link back to the US) on a train in Germany, only realizing it when the train rolled away.
Luckily, we called right into Deutsche Bahn and a train conductor was able to snag it for me to pick up the next morning. What a horrible feeling! haha
p.s. Davis is awesome. I can't believe how pretty it is here, and all the produce is UNbelievable! 10 red bellpeppers for $3. Unheard of! Gas, milk, all cheaper. That rent though, that's just another story!
Post a Comment