Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dresser Make-over

Joanna's been asking to see these pictures so here is our latest project. This is my parents old dresser (like they've had it for 20 years!) and they bought it at a garage sale! BUT it is amazingly well built. You can't find top of the line expensive dressers that are this well built any more (and we've looked) So we (Matt and I) decided it was worth trying to make it look nice. (I always openly detested this dresser- to gaudy)



And here is a side table that I didn't take a before picture of. We painted them a light blue- almost white color with a darker blue trim.


I guess this isn't the greatest picture, kind of dark... BUT we now love it!

3 comments:

sanaejames photography said...

oh my! It is totally beautiful! an art piece! lot it kelly! just love it! i love all the curves and detail! it looks totally high end!

Chris and Brindy said...

Wow! That is beautiful! Good job you guys!

Joanna said...

thanks kel! I LOVE IT! You should find some cool glass knobs. I know they have awesome ones at Anthropologie of course. But I was at hobby lobby the other day and they had tons! and they were really cute! I know there aren't hobby lobby's there, but you could find something online ?? It looks awesome! Good job.